Skip to main content

Week 2 Part A

     Social media is a great free source to promote businesses and show off our work. It also a great resource to look up other businesses to get ideas. I currently have an online website, but my Instagram and Facebook give me more clientele. Social media helps me with a quick turn around time for my customers and the orders I receive. I feel it's easier to answer messages on Instagram versus my email. Communication in the past depended on flyers, penny savers, newspaper ads, etc.. Businesses now have everything at the palm of their hands. Social media is the number one resource for advertisement, not just targeting a specific age but any age. It helps me keep up with the new trends in the baking business, and I am able to connect with other bakers and ask questions.     

    When I leave a review, It's always positive, I normally only leave reviews at restaurants and Airbnb's about my favorite drink, or meal, and how clean the Airbnb was, with all the necessities and a very helpful host. Occasionally I will leave reviews for my nail lady, and the hair salon I go to. I have my own business and I know how those bad reviews feel, and they last forever, and I know how important good reviews look for business because I am always reading reviews before I go to that location. If I did not like something with the service I will tell them personally in person or over the phone, If they fix the issue then I'll leave a review on how they were able to fix the problem and they had great customer service, if the experience was overall bad, I just wouldn't recommend the location to other friends. I have never left a bad review because we never know what kind of days they're having, it could be their first day on the job, or a personal problem going on. 

    As for myself and my business in pastry, I know how difficult it can be sometimes dealing with customers and keeping everyone happy. I've gotten one bad review, and I did everything I could possibly do to fix the problem so I offered to create another cake for their next event at a free cost, I was able to resolve the issue and the customer was satisfied, but the bad review stayed and that bothered me, but I know in the end the customer was happy and that's all that mattered. Every business makes mistakes, no business is perfect, as long as in the end, you did everything you could, then you did enough. I own an at-home baking business and have an Instagram page for my baking, I receive positive responses from my clients. I usually will post those on my stories for other customers to view, which is a great form of advertising.


Comments

Popular Posts