Week 3 Part B: Developing Your Brand

 Frost Yourself Sweets is my home baking business.  Two years ago I baked a three-layer cake for my nieces first birthday party and it was such a hit, I got many compliments and even orders. I was encouraged by the outcome and it motivated me to start an online baking business. Coming up with the name for my new company was exciting but I knew I had lots of groundwork to do to put my personal stamp on my brand. 

As I started the development of my new company, there were many things to consider. Baking for friends and family was fun and more of a hobby but now I had to design a logo, pick fronts for my new name, and select a color pallet.  I did my research on other online baking business and soon realized the aesthetics of my front page. It had to be my main focus to become competitive in this new growing online business. I hired a company to format my business cards with my name and the design of myself holding a cake I had created, I had shades of pink added to the background of my logo. This has now become the face of Frost Yourself Sweets. I ordered all my packaging stickers with this logo, added it to my website and all my social media platforms.

My mission is to create the most beautiful and delicious cakes for all special occasions. Fulfilling my customer's cake dreams is my top priority and maintaining a relationship with each customer. My tagline should read "making your life sweeter one cake at a time or better yet multiple cakes." 

 I have been growing this business for the past two years and I know how important advertising is but since I'm a small business and a budget for advertising just doesn't exist at the moment. Social media is my main advertising tool, Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok are great free sources. Other forms of advertising are collaborations with other companies or paid sponsors, and my favorite is the recommendations from my customers.

I know that I am a fairly new business and have a lot to learn, but I am on my way to creating a very successful baking business, One day I will move into a storefront or very pink dessert truck.  For now, I  have just added a dessert cart as my new addition for my business, for clients who are interested in renting the cart to fill with desserts, and decor to match the venue, I will continue to grow my social media presence and promote my brand.


Comments

Popular Posts