WEEK 10: Email Marketing

For my baking business, I would send out newsletters every 2 weeks I feel like that is a good amount because daily would be too much to where people would just delete without reading them and become annoyed and want to unsubscribe, and monthly is not enough, it would be too much information in one newsletter about everything going on in the shop, I would prefer to send out text messages instead of emails because people don't check their emails as often as their text messages. My newsletter would include information like new cake flavors, new desserts on the menu for that week and promote themes in the bakery, for example, Halloween is coming up I would send out newsletters with reminders to stop by in the shop and grab a spooky treat and come see the fun costumes we have. Also for coupons for shirts, sweaters, mugs etc. My customers would enjoy these newsletter because I will provide information about what flavors we have in store before they take the drive out, and because I would include special treats on some like a buy one cupcake and get a free cookie. Who doesn't love free treats!
I am on the newsletter emails with a company called Fancy Sprinkles they send out weekly emails about their new sprinkle release date, or when they are restocking a their most popular sprinkle, they also send out coupons for 15% when you use a code. I like to receive these kinds of emails especially if it's something I use often. I have another company called Baker Best who I am also on their newsletter list, they send out emails about once a month when they restock inventory and to promote new items like whipped cream or in store classes. I think they should send out newsletters more often to keep bakers up to date on inventory because I go into the shop and they don't have what I need at times, so it's helpful to send out emails with information on items available.



Comments

  1. I think two times a week would be great for your brand. You can really play up on the Holidays with cute themed treats and goodies. For a call to action I think having a sale of some kind could really be great to drive in some customers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazmin! Great job. I think one way that you can use email marketing is to share fun baking tips or things you may do that will help other people navigate through the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jazmin! I think twice a week is great to keep customers updated about your current flavors and desserts for the week. With the holidays coming up, you could totally showcase images of your goodies in your newsletters. This would be great content to add on Instagram too! BOGOs are a great way to drive customers to your business. Everyone does love a free treat! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts