Week 12: Business Specific Online Tools Part A

As a small local business, my platform on social media is very important. This is one of my main sources for advertising my work, by posting videos, images, prices, and my menu. I have come to learn the importance of social media for small businesses. Most of us small business owners have small budgets on what we advertise and we don't have the luxury of purchasing billboards or commercials, so we depend heavenly on our presence on social media. The marketing tools I mainly use for my platform is Instagram and Facebook and they both have worked very well, I just created Twitter and Tiktok for my business I have realized I get great feedback when I post cake processing videos and tutorials so I think Tiktok will be another successful platform for my business.


One of the tools I've come across that I have noticed has made an impact on my company has been Tiktok and Reels because they are being exposed to people nationwide, and they become popular by the number of views, likes, and shares. Whenever I post a new video I always gain new followers, I have posted videos of the decorating process, tips, and tutorials. I am going to create a Linkedin account, and a Yelp account to use as well, I think they could both be beneficial for my business. 

Yelp is a great platform so others can see your reviews, reviews are very important in the food industry. Whenever I go to a new restaurant or bakery I look them up on Yelp to read reviews and look at their stars, If they have great  reviews and rates then I will pick that location to eat at, versus a restaurant that has little to no reviews and 1/2 stars it is not a place I'd want to visit. I like that companies can respond to comments and interact with their customers on the app, I saw a few bad reviews on a restaurant that had alot of stars, the owners replied to the customers comment and were very accommodating and understanding of her review and resolved the issue. That is good to see, it shows how much pride and care they put into their restaurant and they do what they can to make their customers happy. 

Comments

Popular Posts